Weekly Carbon Outlook – Nov 20, 2017
November 20, 2017 by Ronjoy Bezbarua
(See below to download report)
- CCA prices saw a 10-cent gain throughout the week. The current front (V17 Nov 17) and benchmark (V17 Dec 17), closed the week at USD 15.23 and USD 15.25, respectively.
- OCA front and the benchmark prices now stand at CAD 19.39 and CAD 19.44, respectively.
- OI creation was significant, having an overall positive net change of 3,191,000 contracts
- The traded volumes have decreased from 15,587,000 tons to 7,328,000 tons
- Front moves back over a declining 4-week MA as momentum remains largely neutral pre-auction
- Secondary market least impacted if current auction clears close to USD 15
- Pre-auction positioning could alleviate spot pressure and volatility
- Over 103K ROCs awarded to four livestock projects and one Forestry (Avoided Conversion) project
- An ODS project and a Forestry project were the two newest projects to be listed recently
- CCO prices have registered a minor increase last week with CCO 8 prices registering the highest increase
- The backlog of ROCs now stands at over 35 million after ROCs were awarded to projects last week
- Nov 28-Joint Community Meeting for Minimizing Community Health Impacts from Freight and Community Air Protection Program
Download this report (pdf)