Weekly Carbon Outlook – Feb 21, 2017
February 21, 2017 by Billy Hamshaw
[See page end to download report]
- Front Prices close at $13.52, 5 cents below the auction reserve price of $13.57
- Open interest creation slowed, with a net week on week change of 105,000 contracts
- OCA’s current year benchmark trading at $13.97, a premium of $0.24 over CCA’s
- Lower funding rate encourages participants to carry-trade
- CC.info analysts expect a strong result in this the first auction of this year.
- Expected V17 ranges: $13.50 – $13.55 (Front); $13.72 – $13.75(2017 Benchmark)
- 269,600 ROCs added to the registries, 38,126 of which will be held in the buffer pool
- Lukens Avoided Conversion Project (ACR265) & Garcia River Forest IFM (CAR1098) recipients of 165,916 & 1,523 respectively.
- Linde (CAR1077) clock second lowest ROC issuance for single reporting period.
- 2 new project assignments for Agri-Waste Technology
- Climate Action Reserve list A-Gas Americas 2017-2 (CAR1252)
- Pending forestry credits could boost market as ARB announce issuances this week
- Lawmakers announce AB 378, a new measure to address climate change with an increased focus on finding ways to help communities harmed by pollution and poverty.
- Feb 22– WCI Joint Auction 10
- Mar 17 – Public Working Meeting focused primarily on potentially on including Alternative Jet Fuel in the Low Carbon Fuel Standard
Download the report (pdf)